LONG BEACH — Say it loud and say it proud — It’s time for pride.
This weekend is the 34th Annual Long Beach Gay and Lesbian Pride Festival and Pride, and Q Voice News has all the details.
Long Beach has more than a dozen LGBTQ bars and clubs. Do you know where they are?
- Here’s are handy bar and club guide to get you through the weekend.
A couple of events take place the day before the festival starts.
- The 5th Annual Dyke March takes place at 6:30 p.m. Bixby Park. Expect some colorful signs critical of President Donald Trump.
- The Pride Rally, formerly The Pink Party, will transform the Promenade into a dance party with DJs Chris Cox and Lee Dagger supplying the beats.
The festival starts today. Where is it? What are the rules?
- Here’s some useful information on the festival, road closures and rules
- Do you know the festival’s policy for buying alcohol?
- Jewels’ gave us a great survival guide for the festival and parade
- Who’s playing at the festival? How about Chaka Khan
- Want to hear some Latin beats and ballads? Amanda Miguel and Sonora Tropicana will be headlining the Fiesta Caliente stage
- Looking for a Saturday night dance party? Overboard on the Queen Mary calls itself “Long Beach’s biggest circuit party.”
Sunday funday is also parade day, and day two of the festival.
- The parade will feature a tribute to the shooting victims who were killed last year in the massacre at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub.
- Lisa Vanderpump is the parade’s celebrity grand marshal.
- A queer Latina asks, Why is Lisa Vanderpump the celebrity grand marshal?
- Public officials’ criticisms of parade grand marshal are ‘irrational’
- After the parade, head over to Wide Eyes Open Palms for an after party.
- Want to listen to music? Out singer Ty Herndon is headlining the festival’s county music stage.
- How about Jody Watley headlining the main stage.
- At the Fiesta Caliente stage, Mariana Seoane, Ana Victoria and Maria Jose will be performing.