WEST HOLLYWOOD — APLA Health is conducting a massive food drive throughout Los Angeles County with drop-offs in four locations.
Donation bins are at three APLA locations:
- Necessities of Life Program Warehouse, 7336 Bellaire Ave., North Hollywood
- APLA Education Center in Baldwin Hill, 3741 S. La Brea Ave.
- David Geffen Center in Koreatown, 611 S Kingsley Dr.
Bins are also located at West Hollywood City Hall until December 29.
A Google map of the locations is here.
Good nutrition is vital to the health and well-being of people living with HIV. APLA Health helps more than 14,000 low-income patients each year, and the North Hollywood location distributes 120,000 bags of free groceries each year to its eight food pantries in the county: Claremont, Long Beach, Lancaster, Mid-Wilshire, North Hollywood, Pasadena, Santa Monica, South L.A.
APLA has a shopping list of non-perishable or personal items they are encouraging people to purchase and donate:
- Whole-grain cereal
- Canned meats
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Peanut butter
- Cooking oils
- Non-perishable, 100 percent juice
- Evaporated milk
- Coffee and teas
- Personal-hygiene items such as toothpaste, shaving cream, shampoo, mouthwash, feminine-hygiene products