WEST HOLLYWOOD — West Hollywood will be more gay this week because it’s time for Pride.
This weekend is the 49th annual LA Pride, and it will be three days of fun and festivities, including two major free events, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Here’s everything you need to know to have a fabulous weekend.
The annual Dyke March will take place Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. It will start at Sal Guarriello Veterans’ Memorial at Santa Monica Boulevard and Holloway Drive.
LA Pride tickets
- General admission advance tickets are available online for $30 plus $4.75 in service fees. Weekend passes and VIP tickets also are available. Tickets at the gate are $30.
- Tickets for active military personnel and veterans, seniors, and people with disabilities are $15 and available only at the box office.
Ticket box office
The box office will be located at the corner of Santa Monica Boulevard and Hancock Avenue.The location is not a festival entrance.
Box Office hours
- 5 p.m. – 11:30p.m. Friday
- 11 a.m. – midnight Saturday
- Noon – 10 p.m. Sunday
Pride on the Boulevard
- Pride on the Boulevard is a free, block party on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on Santa Monica Boulevard between Robertson Avenue and San Vicente Boulevard. It will be open from noon to 7 p.m.
- Pride on the Boulevard will feature vendors, non-profit groups, beer gardens, music performances and artists displaying their work.
LA Pride Festival
- The Pride Festival will be located in West Hollywood Park on San Vicente Boulevard between Melrose Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard.
- It will be free Friday and open from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Friday’s highlight will be an outdoor concert by former “American Idol” judge and pop singer Paula Abdul. She will perform from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m.
- The Pride Festival will be open from noon to 1 a.m.
- Meghan Trainor will headline the Plaza Stage.
- Cristian Castro will headline the Park Stage.
LA Pride Parade
- The Parade will start at 11 a.m. at Crescent Heights Boulevard and march west on Santa Monica Boulevard, ending at Robertson Boulevard. The parade will last about two hours.
- Parade grand marshals and celebrity grand marshal Ryan O’Connell have been announced.
LA Pride Festival
- The Festival will take place from noon to 11 p.m.
- Ashanti, Amara La Negra, and Years & Years will headline the Plaza and Park stages.
The following items are not allowed inside the festival:
- Roller-skates/blades, skateboards and hoverboards
- Outside beverage, food
- Carts, tents, and chairs
- Glass and steel containers (only clear, empty water bottles)
- Sharpies, markers, paint pens
- Sticks, including selfie sticks
- Beach balls and inflatables
- Weapons, including toy guns or water guns
- Pets, only service dogs
- Illegal or illicit substances of any kind
- Professional photography equipment
- Video equipment
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways
- West Hollywood Park and the dog parks are closed until 6 p.m. June 12.
- West Hollywood Library will be closed from Friday to 11 a.m. Monday
- West Hollywood Pool is closed until June 17
West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station (@whdlasd) will live-Tweet street re-openings.
San Vicente Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue will be closed from 7 p.m. Thursday to 10 a.m. Monday
Santa Monica Boulevard eastbound between Hancock Avenue and Robertson Boulevard will be closed from 10 a.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday
- Santa Monica Boulevard westbound between Hancock Avenue and Robertson Boulevard will be closed from 9 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Monday
- Robertson Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Monday
- Santa Monica Boulevard in both directions from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
- Streets one block north and south of Santa Monica Boulevard from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday
- West Hollywood will suspend enforcement of permit parking for Pride weekend from 4 p.m. Friday to noon Monday
- All metered parking in West Hollywood will be enforced Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- West Hollywood is adjacent to Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. Please be aware of parking restrictions in those cities.
Public parking for a fee will be available at the following locations Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:
- Kings Road Parking Structure, 8383 Santa Monica Blvd.
- La Jolla/Havenhurst Lot, 1043 La Jolla Ave.
- Orange Grove Lot, 1114 N. Orange Grove Ave.
- Spaulding Lot, 7718 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Queens Lot, 8459 Sunset Blvd.
- Sunset City Lot, 8775 Sunset Blvd.
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has several bus lines that connect to West Hollywood, including 4/704, 10, 30/330, 105/705, 212/312, 217, and 218.
Metro will post service advisories regarding route changes for Pride Weekend here.