To coincide with Pride Month in June, DC Comics will release an 80-page anthology book starring LGBTQ characters from its superhero universe and featuring stories and art by renowned writers and artists.
Also in June, DC Comics will launch “Crush & Lobo,” an eight issue miniseries comic book written by Mariko Tamaki (“This One Summer,” “Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass”) with art by Amancay Nahuelpan (“Nightwing,” “Wonder Woman”). The first issue will be out June 1.
The miniseries will spin out of the pages of “Teen Titans Academy” and run until January 2022.
The story will follow Crush, daughter of Czarnian bounty hunter Lobo, who “is in full-on self-destruct mode. After rage-quitting the Teen Titans and blowing up her relationship with her girlfriend, Katie, Crush decides it’s time to finally confront her father in space jail and get her baggage sorted before she wrecks everything. Like father, like daughter?”
“DC Pride #1” will be published June 8 and feature a who’s who of fan favorite characters and creators. The lineup will spotlight Batwoman (Kate Kane), fan-favorite couple Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, Midnighter, the nonbinary Flash of Earth-11, and the original Green Lantern (Alan Scott), and numerous other superheroes.
The creative team behind this project includes well-known comic names, such as Stephen Byrne, Amy Reeder, Rachel Stott, and Sina Grace.
The anthology will also feature the introduction of trans superhero Dreamer into the comics universe. Nicole Maines, who played the character on The CW’s “Supergirl,” will write a Dreamer story with art by Rachel Stott.
Here’s the full anthology lineup.
- Batwoman by James Tynion IV and Trung Le Nguyen
- Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn by Mariko Tamaki and Amy Reeder
- Midnighter by Steve Orlando and Stephen Byrne
- Flash of Earth-11 (Jess Chambers) by Danny Lore and Lisa Sterle
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and Obsidian by Sam Johns and Klaus Janson
- Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) by Andrew Wheeler and Luciano Vecchio
- Dreamer by Nicole Maines and Rachael Stott
- Renee Montoya by Vita Ayala and Skylar Patridge
- Pied Piper by Sina Grace, Ro Stein, and Ted Brandt
DC Comics also will release a series of special edition Pride variant covers showcasing some of their biggest titles.
- “Batman #109” by Jen Bartel
- “Crush & Lobo #1” by Yoshi Yoshitani
- “DC Pride #1” by Jen Bartel
- “Harley Quinn #4” by Kris Anka
- “Nightwing #81” by Travis G. Moore
- “Superman #32” by David Talaski
- “Teen Titans Academy #4” by Stephen Byrne
- “Wonder Girl #2” by Kevin Wada
- “Wonder Woman #773” by Paulina Ganucheau