LONG BEACH — Come out, come out, wherever you are. It’s time for Pride.
This weekend is the 35th Annual Long Beach Gay and Lesbian Pride Festival and Pride, and Q Voice News has all the details.
Before we get started, here are some things to remember ahead of time. A drag queen’s survival guide to the weekend.
Also, Blue Line stations will be open. The closures were rescheduled.
- Long Beach has more than 10 bars and clubs. Do you know where they are? Here’s are handy bar and club guide to get you through the weekend.
- The 6th Annual Dyke March and Rally takes place at 7 p.m. in Bixby Park. Expect some colorful signs protesting President Donald Trump and his policies.
- The Pink Party returns at Hamburger Mary’s with drag performances and “RuPaul’s Drag Race” celebrities.
- After the Pink Party, head over to the Queer Mafia LB Pride Kickoff Party at The Broken Drum.
The Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival starts today. Where is it? What are the rules?
- Here’s everything you need to know on the festival, road closures, and rules.
- Who’s playing at the festival? How about Jussie Smollett.
- Are you a fan of Amara La Negra? She will headline the Fiesta Caliente stage from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m.
- Want to look at some art, listen to some music, and drink wine with lesbians? Here’s the place to be, “Ménage #21…An Evening of Art*Music*Women & Wine.”
- Looking for a Saturday night dance party? Overboard LBC calls itself “Long Beach’s biggest dance party.” They will have an open bar from 8 to 9 p.m. Online tickets are $25 through Friday; then $35 at the door.
Sunday funday is also Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Parade day, and day two of the festival.
- Do you know the history of the parade and festival? One of the Pride Board members received a death threat. Check out “Queer History Lessons with Jewels.”
- The Pride Parade steps off at 10:30 a.m. at Lindero Avenue and Ocean Boulevard and marches west toward Alamitos Avenue.
- Transgender actress Alexandra Billings from the Amazon series “Transparent” is the Pride Parade celebrity grand marshal.
- Here are the other Pride Parade grand marshals.
- Want to listen to some rump-shaking dance music? DJ Irene will spin at the dance stage from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
- Sheila E. will headline the main stage.
- At the Fiesta Caliente stage, Amara La Negra and Ana Barbara will perform.
- Overboard LBC continues for a second day. Doors open at 6 p.m. Online tickets are $25 through Friday; then $35 at the door.