Valentina, host of “Drag Race México” alongside Lolita Banana, will be one of several grand marshals at the Long Beach Pride Parade next month.
Valentina (aka James Andrew Leyva), a 32-year-old Bell native,
came to international attention as a contestant on the ninth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and the fourth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars.”
The Long Beach Pride Parade will take place Aug. 6 at 10:30 a.m.
It will kick off at Ocean Boulevard and Lindero Avenue and march west to Alamitos Avenue.
The parade will feature colorful floats, marching bands, community groups, and thousands of spectators.
Audiences can tune-in to special Long Beach Pride Parade coverage on Aug. 6 on nbcla.com and Telemundo52.com and via the station’s streaming local news channels Noticias California and NBC Los Angeles News.
The Long Beach Pride Festival will take place Aug. 5 and 6 along Shoreline Drive at Rainbow Lagoon and Marina Green.
Four stages will showcase a variety of music: Latin, R&B, country, and circuit.
Single day general admission tickets are $40. Tickets for teens (ages 13-17), military/veterans, and seniors will be available at the box office on show days for $20. An ID for military/veteran and Seniors will be required.
Here are parade grand marshals.
- Enrique Chiabra (anchor for Telemundo 52’s weekday newscasts “Noticiero Telemundo 52”) and Annabelle Sedano (NBC4 weekday anchor), media grand marshals
- Harvey Milk Park-Equality Plaza Selection Committee, Marilyn Barlow Community Grand Marshal
- Long Beach Mayor Rex Richardson, Morris Kight Political Grand Marshal
- Long Beach City Councilwoman Mary Zendejas, Whitey Littlefield Bridge Builder Grand Marshal
- Los Angeles Chapter of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Judith Doyle Community Grand Marshal
- Justin Rudd, Robert Crow Community Grand Marshal