WEST HOLLYWOOD – It’s that time of year again when thousands of people swarm a stretch of pedestrian-only Santa Monica Boulevard to celebrate Halloween and show off their creative or ghoulish costumes.
Here’s everything you need to know about West Hollywood’s Halloween Carnaval.
- The carnaval will take place from 6 to 11 p.m. on a 1-mile stretch of Santa Monica Boulevard from Doheny Drive to La Cienega Boulevard.
- The event is free, but bring money for the street vendors selling food and drinks.
- Many of the bars will charge a cover, and be prepared for long lines.
- Revelers are strongly discouraged from bringing kids and pets to the event.
- Public drinking will not be allowed.
- Backpacks, camera cases, tote bags, weapons, fireworks, and drones are not allowed.
- Clear plastic bags will be allowed.
- San Vicente Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue from midnight Tuesday to 7 a.m. Thursday.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between La Cienega Boulevard and Holloway Drive/Croft Avenue from 6 a.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between Doheny Drive and La Cienega Boulevard and all side streets will be closed from noon Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
- La Cienega Boulevard between Holloway Drive and Melrose Avenue from 4 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
- Cityline Commuter will run a modified route between Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard/Kings Road from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Hollywood Link will run from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. between Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard/La Brea Avenue. Connect to The PickUp’s special service at La Brea Avenue, on the south side of the street, to reach the Halloween Carnaval.
- The PickUp will run from 8 to 11 p.m. along Santa Monica Boulevard and will stop at all regular eastbound stops between Sweetzer Avenue/La Brea Avenue.
- Once the PickUp reaches its La Brea Avenue stop, it will take an express route west toward the Halloween Carnaval via Melrose Avenue to its special Halloween stop on Kings Road/Santa Monica Boulevard.
- From 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. The PickUp will only run eastbound from Kings Road/Santa Monica Boulevard to La Brea Avenue/Santa Monica Boulevard.
- The City of West Hollywood will suspend permit parking restrictions from 11 a.m. Wednesday to noon Thursday.
- Parking meters will be waived citywide from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 2 a.m. Thursday.
- Public parking, from $12 to $25, will be available at the following locations:
- La Jolla/Havenhurst Lot
- Orange Grove Lot
- Pacific Design Center
- Sunset Lot
- West Hollywood Gateway
For more information about Halloween Carnaval in West Hollywood.